About Argenton

.

Argenton is located 16 kilometres west of the Newcastle CBD. A public school opened in 1897, but was closed six years later. Another school opened in 1953. The Newcastle Mines Rescue Station opened in 1927. The Waratah Golf Club was formed in 1901 and is the oldest golf club in Newcastle. Argenton’s annual capitol growth is 5.64%.